Connect with us

CELEBRITY

Fact check: Trump, allies push allegations of election ‘cheating’ and misconduct in Pennsylvania….see more

Published

on

With under a week to go until Election Day, former President Donald Trump and his allies are making multiple allegations of fraud or misconduct around battleground Pennsylvania — and while some isolated issues have emerged, election officials are pushing back on any suggestion that there are deliberate efforts underway to suppress the vote.

 

On Tuesday, Trump escalated those claims, baselessly accusing the state in a social media post of “cheating, and getting caught, at large scale levels.”

 

Here is a deeper look at some claims.

Woman arrested in Delaware County?
Late Monday evening, the Trump campaign sent out an email blast claiming that a voter in Delaware County,Pennsylvania, was “arrested for encouraging people to stay in line and vote” after election officials allegedly told voters to leave and thus were “actively suppressing” their voting rights.

 

Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Whatley also shared a video of the incident on social media, claiming it was a “supporter of President Trump” who was removed.

 

 

 

In a statement, Delaware County pushed back on that claim and applauded election officials on the ground, saying in a statement that multiple eyewitnesses characterized the woman as being “disruptive, belligerent, and attempting to influence voters waiting in line.”

 

That behavior, the statement said, led to several complaints, and the Delaware County Park Police providing security at the location responded.

 

In an updated statement on Wednesday, county officials said the woman “did not get in line for any service,” remained in the lobby for nearly two hours, and “approached various individuals,” prompting complaints.

 

Park Police then “provided her with verbal guidance on appropriate behavior and allowed her to remain in the lobby,” the statement said, after which she was asked to leave after additional complaints, but “refused.”

 

The county said the matter “remains an active criminal investigation.”

 

“We take voting rights very seriously in Delaware County,” said Delaware County Council Chair Dr. Monica Taylor.

 

“Voters have a right to participate in our democracy without being harassed or intimidated, and we applaud our Park Police for calming the disturbance and allowing voting to continue without disruption.”

 

The woman later appeared in a video on social media with Whatley, saying, “I tried to get the vote out” but was arrested “for exercising my First Amendment right.”

 

A spokesperson for the county said the woman was “briefly detained, and was issued a citation for disorderly conduct.”
Registration fraud in Lancaster and York counties?

On social media, Trump has personally raised voter fraud claims in Lancaster County and York County.

 

The former president is correct in a sense — officials in Lancaster County said they stopped what may have been potential voter registration fraud.

 

But on Truth Social, Trump claimed Lancaster County was “caught” with fake ballots and forms — a claim that distorts an instance that officials in Pennsylvania are promoting as an example of their security systems working properly.

 

ABC News previously reported that officials in Lancaster County said they stopped potential incidents of voter registration fraud just weeks before the presidential election.

 

The Lancaster County Board of Elections said in a statement that approximately 2,500 suspected fraudulent voter registration applications were dropped off at the election office in two batches around the deadline to register.

 

The board said “concerns were raised” during the normal review process and law enforcement was alerted.

 

 

 

Notably, the board said in its statement that the fraud was “identified and contained,” and is lauding this incident as one that shows that the election “system is secure.”

 

Our system worked,” the board declared. “We will continue to operate with the highest levels of veracity, integrity, and transparency so that Lancaster County voters can be confident in our election.”

 

Trump in his post also said York County also received “THOUSANDS” of possibly fraudulent registrations and ballot applications.

 

In a statement, though, York County officials said they were still investigating.

 

The York County Commissioner confirmed they had received a “large delivery” with registration forms and mail-in ballot applications, and that they are in the process of looking at their legality.

 

If fraud is identified, the statement said, they would alert the authorities.

 

“We are committed to ensuring the integrity, safety and security of our elections,” said York County President Commissioner Julie Wheeler in the statement.

 

People removed from the line in Bucks County?

 

A Pennsylvania judge on Wednesday swiftly granted a request from the Trump campaign and ordered a three-day extension to Bucks County’s in-person mail-in-ballot deadline — extending it to the end of the day on Friday, Nov. 1.

 

The campaign had only asked for a one-day extension. The deadline was Tuesday at 5 p.m.

 

In his one-page order, Judge Jeffrey Trauger wrote that the county violated Pennsylvania Election Code after “turning away voters who sought to apply for a mail-in ballot and receive one in person before the deadline.”

 

He ordered the county to allow anyone who wishes to “apply for, receive, vote, and return a mail-in ballot” before the close of business on Friday.

 

The ruling was a win for the RNC and the Trump campaign, which filed a lawsuit filed against the Bucks County Board of Elections and others, seeking a one-day extension to the mail-in ballot request deadline by claiming that voters were “turned away, and forced by security to leave” while attempting to apply in person for a mail-in ballot.

The suit included signed declarations from three individuals who claim they were turned away Tuesday afternoon.

 

“In Bucks County, we believe strongly in voter enfranchisement,” county officials said in a statement following the ruling.

 

“In accordance with today’s court ruling, we are pleased to be able to offer additional days for those who are still seeking to vote on-demand.”

 

Multiple Trump allies posted a video Tuesday afternoon that they said shows law enforcement shutting down the line at a polling place in Bucks County before 3 p.m., even though the line was supposed to be open until 5 p.m.

 

The viral social media posts — racking up hundreds of thousands of views — came after several local reports documented long lines and officials cutting off lines in Bucks County, leading to some frustration from voters and prominent Republicans alike.

NFL4 hours ago

Lauren Graham reveals the co star she has a ‘strange’ connection with

NFL4 hours ago

Why Brad Pitt, 61, is ‘doing everything he can to keep the love alive’ with Ines de Ramon, 32

NFL4 hours ago

Capital Breakfast host Chris Stark recalls the moment he found out he had testicular cancer live on air

NFL4 hours ago

Kathy Griffin reignites Will Smith feud as she lays into him over Fresh Prince incident after Oscars slap joke

NFL5 hours ago

Desperate Hailey Bieber’s frantic call for help as ‘manic’ Justin is now ‘not eating, sleeping… and his decline takes grim new twist’

NFL5 hours ago

Sydney Sweeney’s ex fiancé seen for first time since their split following her Dallas reunion with Glen Powell

NFL5 hours ago

Rita Ora looks effortlessly chic in an all-grey ensemble and bright blue earrings as she steps out in Milan

NFL5 hours ago

Katherine Ryan candidly reveals she cheated on her ex-partner and is ‘glad she did’

NFL5 hours ago

Christine McGuinness reveals she barely knew anyone at her wedding to Paddy because she has ‘no friends’

NFL5 hours ago

Reese Witherspoon shares first snap from Legally Blonde prequel as Elle Woods gets a major refresh

NFL5 hours ago

Kathleen Turner, 70, leans on walker during rare public outing after sparking concern with ‘slurring’ performance

NFL5 hours ago

Showbiz EXCLUSIVE I got one of the rare tickets to the Doctor Who premiere and found out the truth behind the rumours of the show’s uncertain future

Copyright © 2024 UKenquire